John Roberts: Making Judicial Opinions a Little Less Boring



This is already in wide circulation, but I thought I'd post anyway, for a couple of reasons: one, I have been remiss in my blog updates, due to a spike in the juvenile crime rate. Two, anytime I can highlight a judge who writes an opinion that doesn't make me want to stab my eyes out of boredom, I will. And three, I agree with him...the officer had probable cause to stop and search the defendant. To say otherwise, is blind naivete--two dudes in a bad part of town in the super early morning house making a hand-off on a corner really can't be construed as anything but a drug deal. In my (apparently dissenting) opinion, anyways.

Roberts' text is here. And for those of you who have no idea what Roberts did, he wrote the first few paragraphs of his dissenting opinon in the style of the typical detective novel. Clever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Basil Shrub (aka, the Drinking Vinegar Craze)

Buffalo on the Ceiling, Pancakes on the Floor

A Boozy Dinner with The Pioneer Woman