Early Morning Nature Show

I spent the night at my parent's house last night, and am sitting at their computer looking out at the front lawn/street, writing this post.

10 minutes ago, I saw my neighbor's cat, Scooter, run by with a baby bunny in his jaws. "Oh, there's natural instincts at work, " I thought.

5 minutes later, I saw the baby bunny run back in front of my house, making a bee line for the relative shelter of my car tires, followed closely by Scooter. "Wow! Baby bunny made it out alive, well done!"

I decided to push the pendulum of natural balance in favor of baby bunny so went outside to shoo Scooter away from my car, and his cornered quarry. "Run baby bunny!" I cried.

After carrying Scooter back towards his house (he turned around and came right back behind me), I checked on baby bunny. Still crouched by the tire, and oh, had a nasty wound on his hind leg. I gave baby bunny a little poke. "Go baby bunny, go!" Baby bunny just sat there, nose twitching.

"F*** this," I said to myself, "it's 8am, and too damn early to screw with the laws of nature." I returned back inside, where I went back to perusing Facebook. Scooter returned to his post by my tire, and I could see him occasionally batting at baby bunny.

30 seconds ago, Scooter ran back towards his house, baby bunny back in his clutches. "Wow!" I thought, "Scooter got his prey, well done!"

Ah, nature.

Comments

avesta said…
You've become this bored in your life? :) I will be home in a few weeks and we must do happy hour!

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Basil Shrub (aka, the Drinking Vinegar Craze)

Buffalo on the Ceiling, Pancakes on the Floor

A Boozy Dinner with The Pioneer Woman