Cupcake Redux

Yay! These are the "commercial" versions of the cupcakes I made earlier this week. (Buttercream Vanilla on top, Cream Cheese Carrotcake on bottom.)

Wednesday afternoon I visited the Cake Craft store on North Cleveland Ave to pick up some accouterments for my baking project--clear vanilla extract, gel food colors (they keep your icing from getting runny), some more piping tips and disposable piping bags. It was definitely money well spent--the gel colors are super vibrant, and the clear vanilla doesn't darken white icing.

The pink and green flowers are my first attempt at doing anything fancy, and really, once I got used to the feel of the icing bag and the amount of pressure I needed, it wasn't too hard!

I have a feeling I could definitely get into this!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Basil Shrub (aka, the Drinking Vinegar Craze)

Buffalo on the Ceiling, Pancakes on the Floor

A Boozy Dinner with The Pioneer Woman