How to Burn Off Two Days of Feasting

It's easy. After a five course meal at Handke's, then homemade lobster ravioli with a crab cream sauce the following night, get up at 6:30 am the day after Valentine's Day and run a 5K with your loved one and a girlfriend that's a crazier runner than you are.

NB: I would NOT recommend drinking a bottle of wine AND a bottle of champagne the night before you do this.

Yes, month number two, race number two has come and gone. DF has jumped on the resolution bandwagon (for now) and ran Last Chance for Boston with me a couple of weeks ago. Technically, it was a one-mile loop that you could run 26.1 times and use to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Or, you could just run the 5K, 10K, or 1/2 marathon, if your idea of a romantic weekend is somewhat less draconian.

Things that were great about this race:
-the one mile loop is great if you're only doing it 3 times--you're halfway done before you even realize it (but ask a marathoner if they feel the same way doing it 26 times...)
-it was sunny out and there was no snow on the streets
-the lack of snow allowed me to improve my time by 20 MINUTES!

Yep, 20 minutes. At this rate, by the time I get to the May race, I'll actually be running faster than time...

Or something like that...a girl can dream, can't she?

That being said, I'm signing up for the St. Patty's Day race at Flannagan's on March 14th. Who's with me?

Comments

Alyssa said…
If I were in town, I'd totally do flannagan's with you, but since I'm not, I'll do one with you in April. And if you want to start running during the week at all, I could totally use a running buddy.
avesta said…
So great that you are doing all these races. I exercise, too so that I can enjoy all the food I love!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Basil Shrub (aka, the Drinking Vinegar Craze)

Buffalo on the Ceiling, Pancakes on the Floor

A Boozy Dinner with The Pioneer Woman