Mid-July Garden


I realized a little late that I probably should have been keeping a garden journal this season--the kind that details when things went in the ground, when they started blooming, fruiting, how many of each thing I planted, etc. Since I failed to do that, this blog will have to serve as the next best thing.

Above is the start of a tomatillo growing. The plant has been covered in little yellow flowers for the better part of a month now, and they're finally morphing into actual tomatillos. Very exciting.
The tomatoes are going like gangbusters, this is the pink tomato plant (exact species escapes me), listing a bit from the weight (and my jerry-rigged support system--I was apparently too lazy to get some cages. Eh.).

The red cabbages have provided me with the most drama this year, as they were attacked by worms in late June. Since showering them with that Sevin dust (it kills everything under the sun and is ok to use on plants), the worms have not returned. Bastards. Their impact is evident above, but thankfully, the actual cabbage heads are fine.

Finally, the sweet/hot pepper plant is also doing really well--not sure what I plan to do with it, but I'm going to have a lot of them, so suggestions are welcome.



Comments

Alisa said…
What a wonderful garden you have there! And your peppers look beautiful!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Basil Shrub (aka, the Drinking Vinegar Craze)

Buffalo on the Ceiling, Pancakes on the Floor

A Boozy Dinner with The Pioneer Woman